The most recent meeting took place on 17th December at The Skiff. Andrew Collington presented on “Dependency Injection using Pimple” – a lightweight and easy-to-use DI container. Andrew took us through useful applications of the DI container into existing legacy code, and showed examples of how you can refactor your code to use the DI pattern to achieve more decoupled code. Following the presentation, an interesting discussion ensued about the use of frameworks and decoupled code in general.
Our next meeting is January 21st 2013, 7pm at The Skiff as usual. Emmanuel Ide will be presenting on PHP microframeworks, so if you’ve heard about Silex, Slim and others, but aren’t sure what they’re about or where you could use them, then this is the talk to come to! Following the meeting, we’ll adjourn to a nearby pub.
- 20th November 2017: Ian Thomas on Code Review; and tell us how you work
- 16th October 2017 – BrightonPHP’s 5th Birthday, with Tibor Besze on Laravel
- 18th September 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “The Great Debate”
- 21st August 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “Summer Lightning”
- 17th July 2017 – Rowan Merewood on Progressive Web App and Naomi Gotts on The Power of Personal Projects