The most recent meeting took place on 17th December at The Skiff. Andrew Collington presented on “Dependency Injection using Pimple” – a lightweight and easy-to-use DI container. Andrew took us through useful applications of the DI container into existing legacy code, and showed examples of how you can refactor your code to use the DI pattern to achieve more decoupled code. Following the presentation, an interesting discussion ensued about the use of frameworks and decoupled code in general.
Our next meeting is January 21st 2013, 7pm at The Skiff as usual. Emmanuel Ide will be presenting on PHP microframeworks, so if you’ve heard about Silex, Slim and others, but aren’t sure what they’re about or where you could use them, then this is the talk to come to! Following the meeting, we’ll adjourn to a nearby pub.
Subscribe to this calendar URL in Google Calendar, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc, to be reminded of upcoming events: http://brightonphp.org/brightonphp.ics
- 18th June 2018: Lightning Talks, by You!
- 21st May 2018: Jose Barrera on Laravel, Websockets, and VueJS
- 16th April 2018: Simon Downes on Microservices
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat