On 18th February, BrightonPHP and Drupal Brighton joined forces and met at The Skiff for an evening of Drupal-based presentations. Since we both meet on the same night around 200 yards away from each other, it seemed a natural thing to combine forces for one night!
Steve Purkiss got things off to a great start with a brief history of the Drupal project, some history about Drupal Brighton and a good overview of Drupal for those perhaps not so familiar with it. Jeni Tehan then took over the baton and demonstrated the power and flexibility of Drupal with a few clicks of the mouse, creating a backend for an example music review site. Jeni presents the “Tasty Backend” series of talks at various Drupal conferences, and it was great to see some real-world examples of Drupal in action and how easy it can be to get a basic management area up and running quickly.
Following the presentations, much discussion ensued, with the evening ending at the North Laine for drinks and further discussion.
Hopefully this can be the first of many collaborations with Drupal Brighton – thanks for coming along!
Our next meeting is on Monday 18th March 2013, 7pm for a 7.15pm start
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat
- 15th January 2018: Dave Liddament brings us The Test Suite Holy Trinity and Andy Collington gives A Gentle Introduction to JWT
- 18th December 2017: The BrightonPHP Christmas Hack Night
- 20th November 2017: Ian Thomas on Code Review; and tell us how you work
- 16th October 2017 – BrightonPHP’s 5th Birthday, with Tibor Besze on Laravel