A belated happy new year! January’s meeting took place on the 21st Jan at The Skiff, where we had a presentation by Emmanuel Ide on the state of PHP microframeworks. Emmanuel started off by giving us some background on frameworks within PHP and then moved onto the requirement for a micro framework. He covered some code examples including some from a real-world application, and then rounded off with some pointers to further information, and a good Q&A at the end.
If you’re interested, Emmanuel’s slides are available over at Slideshare.
Following the meeting we headed to The North Laine pub/microbrewery a few doors down from the venue. It was good to see a few new faces this month also!
February’s presentation will take place on Monday 18th February 2013, again at The Skiff. This month we’re joined by the Drupal Brighton members, who’ll present a few talks on Drupal and the project’s current status and direction, why people have moved to Drupal from vanilla PHP/MySQL and similar talks. This should be a great set of presentations! Following the presentation and discussions, we’ll head to the pub.
Subscribe to this calendar URL in Google Calendar, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc, to be reminded of upcoming events: http://brightonphp.org/brightonphp.ics
- 16th July 2018: Tibor Besze on Supercharged Spreadsheets with Google Sheets and Google Apps Scripts
- 18th June 2018: Lightning Talks, by You!
- 21st May 2018: Jose Barrera on Laravel, Websockets, and VueJS
- 16th April 2018: Simon Downes on Microservices
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing