A belated happy new year! January’s meeting took place on the 21st Jan at The Skiff, where we had a presentation by Emmanuel Ide on the state of PHP microframeworks. Emmanuel started off by giving us some background on frameworks within PHP and then moved onto the requirement for a micro framework. He covered some code examples including some from a real-world application, and then rounded off with some pointers to further information, and a good Q&A at the end.
If you’re interested, Emmanuel’s slides are available over at Slideshare.
Following the meeting we headed to The North Laine pub/microbrewery a few doors down from the venue. It was good to see a few new faces this month also!
February’s presentation will take place on Monday 18th February 2013, again at The Skiff. This month we’re joined by the Drupal Brighton members, who’ll present a few talks on Drupal and the project’s current status and direction, why people have moved to Drupal from vanilla PHP/MySQL and similar talks. This should be a great set of presentations! Following the presentation and discussions, we’ll head to the pub.
- 18th September 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “The Great Debate”
- 21st August 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “Summer Lightning”
- 17th July 2017 – Rowan Merewood on Progressive Web App and Naomi Gotts on The Power of Personal Projects
- 19th June 2017 – Rob Elkin on Real World Deployments
- On 15th May, Your User Group Needs You!