A belated happy new year! January’s meeting took place on the 21st Jan at The Skiff, where we had a presentation by Emmanuel Ide on the state of PHP microframeworks. Emmanuel started off by giving us some background on frameworks within PHP and then moved onto the requirement for a micro framework. He covered some code examples including some from a real-world application, and then rounded off with some pointers to further information, and a good Q&A at the end.
If you’re interested, Emmanuel’s slides are available over at Slideshare.
Following the meeting we headed to The North Laine pub/microbrewery a few doors down from the venue. It was good to see a few new faces this month also!
February’s presentation will take place on Monday 18th February 2013, again at The Skiff. This month we’re joined by the Drupal Brighton members, who’ll present a few talks on Drupal and the project’s current status and direction, why people have moved to Drupal from vanilla PHP/MySQL and similar talks. This should be a great set of presentations! Following the presentation and discussions, we’ll head to the pub.
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat
- 15th January 2018: Dave Liddament brings us The Test Suite Holy Trinity and Andy Collington gives A Gentle Introduction to JWT
- 18th December 2017: The BrightonPHP Christmas Hack Night
- 20th November 2017: Ian Thomas on Code Review; and tell us how you work
- 16th October 2017 – BrightonPHP’s 5th Birthday, with Tibor Besze on Laravel