Hope everyone enjoyed last month’s presentation – thanks to Michael Heap for presenting. This month on Monday 17th March, we welcome back BrightonPHP regular Lars Janssen, who’ll be presenting on Using Symfony2 Components In Your Application:
Symfony2 is a modern PHP framework that can help you create clean, maintainable applications. Maybe you would consider adopting it, but don’t have the opportunity to start afresh? Fortunately, Symfony2 is very modular so you can incorporate some of its stand-alone components without having to rewrite your whole application.
In this talk I will give a brief introduction to the Symfony2 framework and some of its components such as DependencyInjection, Config and YAML, Form and Validator and also Console. While not part of Symfony2 itself, I’ll give Twig and Monolog a mention as well. I will show how any of these can be added to an existing application, so hopefully by the end you’ll want to try some of them yourself.
As usual the meeting will be held at The Skiff, arrive 7pm for a 7.15pm start. Following the presentation and discussion, we’ll head to the pub. The event’s over on Lanyrd as normal, together with joind.in for feedback. Mark yourselves as attending! :-)
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat
- 15th January 2018: Dave Liddament brings us The Test Suite Holy Trinity and Andy Collington gives A Gentle Introduction to JWT
- 18th December 2017: The BrightonPHP Christmas Hack Night
- 20th November 2017: Ian Thomas on Code Review; and tell us how you work