Hope everyone enjoyed last month’s presentation – thanks to Michael Heap for presenting. This month on Monday 17th March, we welcome back BrightonPHP regular Lars Janssen, who’ll be presenting on Using Symfony2 Components In Your Application:
Symfony2 is a modern PHP framework that can help you create clean, maintainable applications. Maybe you would consider adopting it, but don’t have the opportunity to start afresh? Fortunately, Symfony2 is very modular so you can incorporate some of its stand-alone components without having to rewrite your whole application.
In this talk I will give a brief introduction to the Symfony2 framework and some of its components such as DependencyInjection, Config and YAML, Form and Validator and also Console. While not part of Symfony2 itself, I’ll give Twig and Monolog a mention as well. I will show how any of these can be added to an existing application, so hopefully by the end you’ll want to try some of them yourself.
As usual the meeting will be held at The Skiff, arrive 7pm for a 7.15pm start. Following the presentation and discussion, we’ll head to the pub. The event’s over on Lanyrd as normal, together with joind.in for feedback. Mark yourselves as attending! :-)
- 16th October 2017 – BrightonPHP’s 5th Birthday, with Tibor Besze on Laravel
- 18th September 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “The Great Debate”
- 21st August 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “Summer Lightning”
- 17th July 2017 – Rowan Merewood on Progressive Web App and Naomi Gotts on The Power of Personal Projects
- 19th June 2017 – Rob Elkin on Real World Deployments