Can you believe we’re nearly half-way through the year? Yes, our next meetup will be on Monday 19th June: we’re pleased to welcome Rob Elkin to tell us about his team’s Real World Deployments. Join us at the usual time – 18:45 – at the usual place – The Student Room.
As ever, you can find details of how to find the venue and what to expect, let us know you’re coming on Facebook, or on Lanyrd, and do let us know if you have any feedback.
Rob Elkin: Real World Deployments
Enabling engineers to ship code to users quickly and safely is an incredibly empowering and motivating thing, encouraging quick iteration, collaboration, and solving real world problems for users. At busuu we’ve worked hard to get our deployment and automation tooling to a place where any engineer can deploy any branch to any environment quickly and safely, and roll back if there are any issues. I’ll talk through why we focus on this, how it has impacted on our team, and some real world examples of how we’ve implemented deployments in our team.
Rob is the CTO of busuu, the world’s largest social network for language learning, where he leads teams to bring language learning to the world. As well as helping everyone to learn a new language, he is also a founder of AltConf, the Apple Developer community’s biggest independent conference.
- 19th June 2017 – Rob Elkin on Real World Deployments
- On 15th May, Your User Group Needs You!
- 15th May 2017 – David McKay Says Hello to the Docker Family
- 17th April 2017 – The Official BrightonPHP Easter Social!
- 20th March 2017: Tim Stamp on Silly Sexy Security, and Rowan Collins on Contributing to the PHP Internals Community