May is upon us, and on Monday 15th, from 18:45, it will be time for our monthly meet up, at the offices of our sponsors, The Student Room. This month, as well as a great talk from David McKay inviting us to Say Hello to the Docker Family, we want to hear from you!
Have you tried out any of the technologies we’ve had speakers talking about? Have you got a story of inspiration or frustration you’re dying to talk about? Then we’ve got just the venue for you to say your piece.
Here’s a reminder of the great talks we’ve had over the last few months:
- March: Tim Stamp on Silly Sexy Security, and Rowan Collins on Contributing to the PHP Internals Community
- February: Zsolt Kiss on Web Accessibility and Simon Downes on Code Quality
- January: Jeremy Keith’s PHP Tales of a Front-End Developer
- November: Derick Rethans on PHP 7, and Marcus Griffith-Boyes monitoring cats with a Raspberry Pi
- October: Jose Barrera on Using Git in a distributive way, and Rik Heywood on How he built a commercial side project, on the Tube
Have you put PHP 7 through its paces, or joined the community shaping 7.2 and beyond? Finally done something with that Raspberry Pi, or started polishing your side project? Taken a deep dive into security, or accessibility? Then why not stand up and spend a couple of minutes telling us all about it.
Nothing coming to mind? Then just turn up to listen to David McKay’s talk on Docker, and hear what everyone else has been up to. Either way, we’ll see you on the 15th! And as ever, remember to spread the word, sign up on Facebook or on Lanyrd and give us your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 20th November 2017: Ian Thomas on Code Review; and tell us how you work
- 16th October 2017 – BrightonPHP’s 5th Birthday, with Tibor Besze on Laravel
- 18th September 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “The Great Debate”
- 21st August 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “Summer Lightning”
- 17th July 2017 – Rowan Merewood on Progressive Web App and Naomi Gotts on The Power of Personal Projects