May is upon us, and on Monday 15th, from 18:45, it will be time for our monthly meet up, at the offices of our sponsors, The Student Room. This month, as well as a great talk from David McKay inviting us to Say Hello to the Docker Family, we want to hear from you!
Have you tried out any of the technologies we’ve had speakers talking about? Have you got a story of inspiration or frustration you’re dying to talk about? Then we’ve got just the venue for you to say your piece.
Here’s a reminder of the great talks we’ve had over the last few months:
- March: Tim Stamp on Silly Sexy Security, and Rowan Collins on Contributing to the PHP Internals Community
- February: Zsolt Kiss on Web Accessibility and Simon Downes on Code Quality
- January: Jeremy Keith’s PHP Tales of a Front-End Developer
- November: Derick Rethans on PHP 7, and Marcus Griffith-Boyes monitoring cats with a Raspberry Pi
- October: Jose Barrera on Using Git in a distributive way, and Rik Heywood on How he built a commercial side project, on the Tube
Have you put PHP 7 through its paces, or joined the community shaping 7.2 and beyond? Finally done something with that Raspberry Pi, or started polishing your side project? Taken a deep dive into security, or accessibility? Then why not stand up and spend a couple of minutes telling us all about it.
Nothing coming to mind? Then just turn up to listen to David McKay’s talk on Docker, and hear what everyone else has been up to. Either way, we’ll see you on the 15th! And as ever, remember to spread the word, sign up on Facebook or on Lanyrd and give us your feedback on email@example.com.
Subscribe to this calendar URL in Google Calendar, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc, to be reminded of upcoming events: http://brightonphp.org/brightonphp.ics
- 21st May 2018: Jose Barrera on Laravel, Websockets, and VueJS
- 16th April 2018: Simon Downes on Microservices
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat
- 15th January 2018: Dave Liddament brings us The Test Suite Holy Trinity and Andy Collington gives A Gentle Introduction to JWT