This month, on Monday 21st August, we want to hear from you, in our evening of 10-minute lightning talks. Please come along and join us, tell your story, and hear what everyone else has to say, from 18:45 at The Student Room offices, right by Brighton station. Please do let us know if you’re coming, and if you’d like to talk, on Facebook, or via e-mail.
If you’ve never given a talk before, lightning talks are a great way to try it out without the pressure of a longer format. Just throw together a few slides, and talk about something that interests you for 10 minutes – that’s really no time at all.
Not sure what to talk about? How about:
- A new tool or technology you’ve tried out recently.
- The tips and tricks that smooth your day.
- A great technology book you’ve read.
- The top things you’ve learned from blogs and podcasts.
- Your biggest achievement – or your biggest mistake, and how you overcame it.
- Surprise us!
It doesn’t have to be directly PHP related, just something you think the other members of the group would be interested in.
So please do come along with something prepared, and persuade your friends and colleagues to talk too, and we can all learn from each other. See you all there!
Subscribe to this calendar URL in Google Calendar, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc, to be reminded of upcoming events: http://brightonphp.org/brightonphp.ics
- 16th July 2018: Tibor Besze on Supercharged Spreadsheets with Google Sheets and Google Apps Scripts
- 18th June 2018: Lightning Talks, by You!
- 21st May 2018: Jose Barrera on Laravel, Websockets, and VueJS
- 16th April 2018: Simon Downes on Microservices
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing