This month, on Monday 21st August, we want to hear from you, in our evening of 10-minute lightning talks. Please come along and join us, tell your story, and hear what everyone else has to say, from 18:45 at The Student Room offices, right by Brighton station. Please do let us know if you’re coming, and if you’d like to talk, on Facebook, or via e-mail.
If you’ve never given a talk before, lightning talks are a great way to try it out without the pressure of a longer format. Just throw together a few slides, and talk about something that interests you for 10 minutes – that’s really no time at all.
Not sure what to talk about? How about:
- A new tool or technology you’ve tried out recently.
- The tips and tricks that smooth your day.
- A great technology book you’ve read.
- The top things you’ve learned from blogs and podcasts.
- Your biggest achievement – or your biggest mistake, and how you overcame it.
- Surprise us!
It doesn’t have to be directly PHP related, just something you think the other members of the group would be interested in.
So please do come along with something prepared, and persuade your friends and colleagues to talk too, and we can all learn from each other. See you all there!
- 18th September 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “The Great Debate”
- 21st August 2017 – BrightonPHP Presents “Summer Lightning”
- 17th July 2017 – Rowan Merewood on Progressive Web App and Naomi Gotts on The Power of Personal Projects
- 19th June 2017 – Rob Elkin on Real World Deployments
- On 15th May, Your User Group Needs You!