This month, on Monday 21st August, we want to hear from you, in our evening of 10-minute lightning talks. Please come along and join us, tell your story, and hear what everyone else has to say, from 18:45 at The Student Room offices, right by Brighton station. Please do let us know if you’re coming, and if you’d like to talk, on Facebook, or via e-mail.
If you’ve never given a talk before, lightning talks are a great way to try it out without the pressure of a longer format. Just throw together a few slides, and talk about something that interests you for 10 minutes – that’s really no time at all.
Not sure what to talk about? How about:
- A new tool or technology you’ve tried out recently.
- The tips and tricks that smooth your day.
- A great technology book you’ve read.
- The top things you’ve learned from blogs and podcasts.
- Your biggest achievement – or your biggest mistake, and how you overcame it.
- Surprise us!
It doesn’t have to be directly PHP related, just something you think the other members of the group would be interested in.
So please do come along with something prepared, and persuade your friends and colleagues to talk too, and we can all learn from each other. See you all there!
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat
- 15th January 2018: Dave Liddament brings us The Test Suite Holy Trinity and Andy Collington gives A Gentle Introduction to JWT
- 18th December 2017: The BrightonPHP Christmas Hack Night
- 20th November 2017: Ian Thomas on Code Review; and tell us how you work