With April’s meetup only days away we’re pleased to have our own Simon Downes giving us An Introduction to Microservices.
So come and join us at the normal venue of The Student Room by Brighton Station (here’s how to find us) anytime from 18:15 on Monday 16th April, grab a drink and have a chat. The talks start around 19:15 with the usual pizza, drinks, and in-depth discussion of whatever it is you want to discuss.
We look forward to seeing you there, and remember; this is a user group and would be nothing without you. As part of that, we’d also love it if you would consider giving a talk sometime. If you fancy that then let us know!
An Introduction to Microservices
Microservices – everyone keeps talking about them; but what are they? what are the benefits and drawbacks? how can you get started? should you get started?
In this session I’ll be answering those questions, giving some insights on how we use microservices at TSR and providing some (opinionated) thoughts on best practise.
Simon is a Lead Developer at The Student Room by day and an RAF Air Cadet Instructor by night/weekends. He’s also been known to enjoy the odd gaming session and has an ever-growing Steam backlog.
Tales from the Coalface
Following on from last month’s Tales from the Coalface talk will be running an open (and very informal) session for everyone to share pearls of wisdom, anecdotes, war stories and top tips. Speaking is of course totally optional and you won’t need slides, videos or a live demo – just a snippet to share…
- 16th April 2018: Simon Downes on Microservices
- 19th March 2018: Michael Heap on Prometheus and Simon Downes on Data Processing
- 19th February 2018: Matt Brunt on Behaviour Driven Development & Behat
- 15th January 2018: Dave Liddament brings us The Test Suite Holy Trinity and Andy Collington gives A Gentle Introduction to JWT
- 18th December 2017: The BrightonPHP Christmas Hack Night