This month, on Monday 18th June, we’re opening up the stage for all of you to have a go at giving a Lightning Talk – think of it like an open mic night, but for tech talks. Come along, talk for 10 minutes, listen to other people talk, and discuss whatever’s caught your interest lately, from 18:15 at The Student Room offices, right by Brighton station. Please do let us know if you’re coming, and if you’d like to talk, on Facebook, or via e-mail.
If you’ve never given a talk before, lightning talks are a great way to try it out without the pressure of a longer format. Just throw together a few slides, and talk about something that interests you for 10 minutes – that’s really no time at all.
Not sure what to talk about? How about:
- A new tool or technology you’ve tried out recently.
- The tips and tricks that smooth your day.
- A great technology book you’ve read.
- The top things you’ve learned from blogs and podcasts.
- Your biggest achievement – or your biggest mistake, and how you overcame it.
- Surprise us!
It doesn’t have to be directly PHP related, just something you think the other members of the group would be interested in.
So please do come along with something prepared, and persuade your friends and colleagues to talk too, and we can all learn from each other. See you all there!
- The User Group will Rise Again…
- 19th November 2018: Chris Williams with an An Overview of Datastores in AWS
- 15th October 2018: Simon Downes with an Introduction to AWS
- 16th July 2018: Tibor Besze on Supercharged Spreadsheets with Google Sheets and Google Apps Scripts
- 18th June 2018: Lightning Talks, by You!