As the evenings draw in we’ve got the perfect fix for the gloominess – the October BrightonPHP meetup!
Join us tonight, Monday 15th October at the offices of Hays Recruitment for an Introduction to AWS from our very own Simon Downes.
We’ll have the usual beers (and soft drinks), plenty of pizza (including vegi options), plus some top quality conversations around all things PHP and web development.
Hays Recruitment offices are in International House by Brighton Station, the floor above The Student Room (here’s how to find us); turn up any time from 18:30, and we’ll get the talk under way around 19:15.
See you all tonight…
An Introduction to AWS
Amazon Web Services, the number one cloud provider; but what do they provide? What are the benefits?
In this talk we’ll cover an overview of the key services and the pros and cons of each. We’ll also briefly mention some of the more niche services that you may not have heard of.
Simon is the Software Development Manager at Holiday Taxis Group by day and an RAF Air Cadet Instructor by night/weekends. He’s also been known to enjoy the odd gaming session and has an ever-growing Steam backlog.
Subscribe to this calendar URL in Google Calendar, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc, to be reminded of upcoming events: http://brightonphp.org/brightonphp.ics
- 19th November 2018: Chris Williams with an An Overview of Datastores in AWS
- 15th October 2018: Simon Downes with an Introduction to AWS
- 16th July 2018: Tibor Besze on Supercharged Spreadsheets with Google Sheets and Google Apps Scripts
- 18th June 2018: Lightning Talks, by You!
- 21st May 2018: Jose Barrera on Laravel, Websockets, and VueJS